Volunteer Police Cadets
Are you between 13 and 18 years old – if so, do you want to do something proactive with your spare time, do you enjoy a challenge and meeting new friends?
IF YES, then why not sign up for the Volunteer Police Cadets?
The scheme is open to young people aged 13-18 and will enable you to experience the full spectrum of policing within Lancashire, while carrying out fundraising challenges. You will also undertake many projects aimed at breaking down barriers between the police, young people and the wider community.
The Preston unit meet at Preston College on Wednesdays between 5.00pm – 9.00pm
Schemes start in September 2019.
- Attend weekly term time sessions
- Promote a practical understanding of policing amongst all young people
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering and give young people a chance to be heard
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities
- You will need to live or be educated within the Lancashire borders to be eligible to apply
- Age 13-18 years
This course will hopefully make you ambassadors for Lancashire Constabulary, and once you leave you will:
- Be part of a team who can deliver local community projects and initiatives
- Have learnt about the roles and responsibilities of members of your police service
- Have developed yourself individually by learning new skills and knowledge
- Improved your communication skills both within the policing family and in the community
- Have had fun whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
Required Age:13-18 years
St Vincents Road