Are you between 13 and 18 years old – if so, do you want to do something proactive with your spare time, do you enjoy a challenge and meeting new friends?
IF YES, then why not sign up for the Police Cadets?
Police Cadets engage young people in activities that support the local community and aims to provide life skills that will enable young people to lead happy and fulfilled lives.
The scheme is open to young people aged between 13-18. You will develop and experience a wide range of activities that include life skills, police and public service related content, physical activities, working with the Princes Trust Achieve programme and communication skills. You will also be able to participate with outside events and projects that add value and support to local people that are aimed at breaking down barriers between the police, young people and the wider community
The Blackburn Unit meet term time on Wednesdays and Thursdays 5pm-8:30pm (2 sessions each day) at Blackburn College, Fielden Street, Blackburn, BB21LH.
RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN HOWEVER DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION THE START DATE IS YET TO BE DETERMINED
Lancashire Constabulary will be committed to ensuring that we
- Promote a practical understanding of policing amongst all young people
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering and give young people a chance to be heard
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities
Within these aims to:
- Prepare young people for the future by providing a variety of activities and opportunities aimed at developing qualifications, enhancing inter-personal skills and confidence.
- Enhance cadets opportunities for further education, employment and training, whilst not a direct route for future recruitment, cadets will be offered support and guidance should they demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the police service.
- Provide a route for young people completing their cadet service to be signposted to further volunteering opportunities (internal and external), Special Constabulary, or paid employment
- Provide a no cost opportunity for young people interested in engaging with and supporting their local police service through voluntary cadet work.
- Help young people to increase their awareness of social responsibility and give them a chance to develop policing services.
- Reduce vulnerability amongst young people by encouraging recruitment from ‘crime vulnerable’ backgrounds.
- Provide additional visible policing capacity in community based projects and initiatives.
- You will need to live or be educated within the Lancashire borders to be eligible to apply
- Age 13-18 years
This course will hopefully make you ambassadors for Lancashire Constabulary, and once you leave you will:
- Be part of a team who can deliver local community projects and initiatives
- Have learnt about the roles and responsibilities of members of your police service
- Have developed yourself individually by learning new skills and knowledge
- Improved your communication skills both within the policing family and in the community
- Have had fun whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
Required Age:13-18 years