Are you between 13 and 18 years old – if so, do you want to do something proactive with your spare time, do you enjoy a challenge and meeting new friends?
IF YES, then why not sign up for the Police Cadets?
Police Cadets engage young people in activities that support the local community and aims to provide life skills that will enable young people to lead happy and fulfilled lives
The scheme is open to young people aged between 13-18. You will develop and experience a wide range of activities that include life skills, police and public service related content, physical activities, with the opportunity to work towards a Duke of Edinburgh Award. You will also be able to participate with outside events and projects that add value and support to local people that are aimed at breaking down barriers between the police, young people and the wider community.
The Skelmersdale Unit meet term time on Tuesdays 5pm-7pm at West Lancashire College, College Way, Skelmersdale WN8 6DX.
- Attend weekly term time sessions
- Promote a practical understanding of policing amongst all young people
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering and give young people a chance to be heard
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities
- You will need to live within the Lancashire to be eligible to apply
- Be between 13-18 years old
This course will hopefully make you ambassadors for Lancashire Constabulary, and once you leave you will:
- Be part of a team who can deliver local community projects and initiatives
- Have learnt about the roles and responsibilities of members of your police service
- Have developed yourself individually by learning new skills and knowledge to prepare you for your next steps in further education or employment
- Improved your communication skills both within the policing family and in the community
- Have had fun whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
- Have had the opportunity to undertake a cadet leadership qualification – to develop leadership skills for professional or personal development.
Required Age:13-18 years
West Lancashire College