Uniformed Community Champion
We are looking for Community Champions in the Frenchwood and Avenham areas of Preston
Could you support your local community in a uniformed and tasked capacity?
We are looking for volunteers to become involved at the heart of their local community and being a point of contact for around 6 hours a week.
This is a uniformed role that will require being visible to the public and ready to answer enquires and assist people wherever possible in a professional and respectful way. The post holder will be expected to liaise with local public services.
This role is about building resilience, encouraging social action and empowering local residents to help each other to resolve local issues of concern
Access to your own transport and the ability to travel within your own area would be an advantage
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and a medical screening
Out of pocket expenses will be paid for any training that is required
- Provide a visible uniformed presence
- Identifying and supporting vulnerable people
- Support social action groups and promote community resilience
- Facilitate partnership working that adds value to local services
- Attend meetings if and when necessary
- Take direction from a nominated Council representative
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to problem solve effectively
- Able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Respects Race and Diversity and promotes equal opportunities
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Frenchwood / Avenham Preston