Twilight Youth Club Volunteering
Volunteers are required at the Twilight Youth Club on Fridays 3 – 6pm
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
We are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help those who access our services.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours online.
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Mandatory training will include:
- Child Sexual Exploitation
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:18 years +
Moor Nook Neighbourhood Centre Burholme Rd, Preston PR2 6HN