Time to share – Community Support Befriending
We are seeking a female volunteer for a female in the Banks area.
Are you free on Wednesday afternoons?
If you are, we have a keen garden enthusiast who would love to share her interest with you.
Could you be that person?
Community Support Befrienders actively support, encourage, and empower their person to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives. They use their local knowledge of community services and groups to help increase the persons confidence, resilience and independence.
This post is subject to a DBS check
- To regularly visit the individual on a 1 : 1 basis either in their own home or in a community setting.
- To regularly support the individual to achieve agreed positive goals to promote their independence – The role is unique to every individual’s needs and circumstances.
- To provide regular feedback on the progress of the individual.
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. Safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to the role.
- Our Community Support Befrienders do not work with people who are family or close friends
- Must be over 18 years if age
- Commitment of 1-2 hours minimum per week / flexible
- Minimum commitment of 6 months is required
- Understanding of vulnerability
- Understanding and awareness of key issues that can affect lives i.e. mental health issues, misuse of substances -alcohol, drug abuse, etc.
- Have an interest in Gardens, Flowers etc.
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Respect for equality and diversity
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community.