This is strictly a telephone befriending service – in no circumstances should you visit your clients.
Could you be a Befriender?
Do you have the desire to help a parent who has children with Autism? There is an opportunity for you to provide one to one telephone befriending support to a parent who is looking to share personal experience in this area. Finding similar connections with other people helps us to live happy and healthy lives, and every story shared is a chance to make someone feel less alone and isolated.
If you feel you can spare half an hour of your time each week to help but would like to speak to our LVP Staff Member to ask any questions before making your application please contact Volunteer Officer Zoe Byrne on mobile 07760171269.
The client is looking for a female volunteer whose age range is between 30 -40 years, and who is available to ring on a Friday morning.
- Read more about the role by clicking here Community Support Telephone Befriender Role Profile.
- Apply online – (Please apply on the advert for the area you live in, this will assist us to deal with your application promptly.)
- One of our Volunteer Officers will be in contact to arrange your DBS via Skype or WhatsApp video call.
- You will be matched with a person(s) in the community.
This is strictly a telephone befriending service – in no circumstances should you visit your clients. This opportunity is subject to a DBS check. To qualify you must have been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
- To regularly contact the individual by telephone.
- To engage in conversation to ease social isolation. The role is unique to every individual’s needs and circumstances.
- To provide regular feedback on the progress of the individual.
- To log volunteering hours monthly online and submit expenses where applicable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
You will be required to study a short Safeguarding Adults guidance document and information regarding Data Protection.
Required Age:18 years +
Lancaster, Morecambe and surrounding areas,