Syrian Refugee Befriending
Could you spare 2 hours hours a week to support and promote the wellbeing of Blackpool residents who are new to the area and are experiencing language barriers?
Could you assist in enabling them to access activities that will help increase confidence, resilience and independence. Empower individuals to lead independent lives by creating connections and generating opportunity, to actively engage in their local community?
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses
- To meet with the service user and Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) to develop an action plan and implement it
- To provide 1-1 support for the person to enable access the community
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks agreed in the action plan
- Be Patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable, reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- You should have a non-judgemental attitude and the ability to treat people with respect and dignity, irrespective of race, religion, or status
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Previous experience in a health and social care is very helpful, although it is not essential
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +