Storytime at Bamber Bridge Library
This activity will be supporting Bamber Bridge Library staff with their Storytime sessions.
Do you enjoy reading? Would you like to share this enjoyment with others?
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. TheStorytime session is a wonderful way for babies and their ‘adults’ to share a time together.
This is a Supporting Library Activities for Children opportunity.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
What we are offering you
- An opportunity to share your love of reading and working with children and young people
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
- An opportunity you can include on your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
Storytime sessions at the library:
- Assisting staff to set up the space for the sessions
- Welcoming adults with babies to the sessions
- arrange chairs
- organize prams
- tidying up after sessions
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library.
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- A positive attitude to young people
- Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- be a good communicator
- have patience and understanding
- have confidence when dealing with children and young people
- have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
- have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
- be friendly and approachable
- be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Training will be provided in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Bamber Bridge Library Station Road Bamber Bridge Preston PR5 6LA