Story time at Silverdale
This opportunity is to support the children’s activities at Silverdale Library.
Their story time sessions are carefully devised to engage the attendees. A selection of appropriate picture books are read to the attendees and throughout the story the children are asked questions to make sure they are following the story.
The library service is continually involved with projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running these regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
• Deliver, under supervision, stories to pre-school children and families.
• Assist staff by helping to set up sessions, arranging seating and tidying up afterwards.
• Acting as an extra set of eyes, and willingness to participate in the session.
• Welcoming new Mums and children to the sessions and serving refreshments as appropriate.
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable on-line.
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
• Be confident at dealing with children
• Be a good communicator
• Be reliable and committed to providing a good service
• Have patience and understanding
• Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff for more details about this role before applying
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers are required to complete training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Silverdale Library 25 Emersgate Lane Silverdale Carnforth LA5 0RA