Spring Into Garden action at – Gawthorpe Hall
Gawthorpe Hall are looking for Grounds Work volunteers to help in the wider grounds of Gawthorpe Hall.
They require volunteers who will be able to help maintain the high level of care of the museum grounds by assisting with ‘litter picking’ and ‘car parking duties’.
Volunteer Grounds workers will assist full-time staff to look after the grounds and gardens, and give advice and assistance if required to the many visitors.
Schedule (Days and Times)
The Hall is open to the public from end of March to end of October, Wednesday through to Sunday.
They are particularly looking for people to assist at weekends and bank holidays as these are their busiest times.
- Litter picking and clearing around the grounds, particularly in the immediate vicinity on the Hall and main visitor routes.
- Assisting visitors with where to park, general welcome and directing visitors to the facilities on site.
- Meet and Greet for any coach parties arriving – give a general introduction and ensure visitors know where the main parts of the site are.
- Help to brighten up a visitor’s day.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be good communicator
- Be committed
- Patience and understanding
- Physically fit
- Friendly & approachable
- caring nature
- Aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Gawthorpe Hall Museum
Burnley Road, Padiham, Burnley