Sports Coaching Volunteer
Do you have an interest or knowledge of the benefits of sport and physical activity?
If so could you help to promote these benefits and support the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions in Blackpool?
As a volunteer you will work alongside a team of professional sports coaches across various settings to support the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions. The sessions meet the guidelines of the national curriculum and national governing bodies of sport.
There will also be opportunities to support the managers and co-ordinators in the preparation of sessions, programme and events throughout the academic year.
You do not need any specific skills or qualifications to apply as training opportunities will be available
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assist with the delivery of sport and physical activity sessions
- Promote and raise awareness of the programme at events
- Deliver a high standard of customer service
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines
- Interested in and have a good knowledge of sport and physical activity
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +