Singing for Wellbeing at Longton Library
Are you confident playing guitar or keyboard and be able to accompany singers at Longton Libraries ‘Singing for Wellbeing’ activity?
The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. This Supporting Library Activities for Adults opportunity is part of their commitment to:
- Cultural & Creative (Social Groups, Craft Groups, Knit & Natter, Promotions, etc.)
- Mental Health & Wellbeing groups (Dementia Friendly Sessions, Games Groups, Chess club, etc.)
The singing sessions are for adults and would take place fortnightly on Wednesdays between 11am – 12pm.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
With library staff supervision the volunteer will:
- Participating in the singing session for wellbeing
- Help to ensure the smooth running of the sessions.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help in setting up the spaces – before and after sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Ability to play Guitar & Keyboard confidently.
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Longton Library Liverpool Road Longton Preston PR4 5HA