Sing along activities at Larkholme
Group singing is known to be uplifting and beneficial, Larkholme are looking for volunteers who have the ability, knowledge, and experience to lead and encourage others to join in a sing along.
The Volunteer would liaise with the manager on the appropriate songs and be there to encourage and assist the adult disability day service users to engage with the sessions, building confidence through anticipating.
Volunteers are required to do 3 hours a week, the day & time of this activity will be confirmed by the Volunteer Services Officer.
Applicants must be willing to go through an induction process with relevant background checks and an enhanced DBS check.
- Befriend the service users and assist them to take part in the group activity.
- Encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Reminiscence singing activities for those with dementia
- Encourage and spend some time chatting with the service users, helping to combat their feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a person’s day
- To log volunteering hours monthly online
- To complete awareness training relevant to the role
- Singing skills
- Knowledge of leading a singing group
- Be a good communicator and listener
- Be committed to providing a good and reliable service
- Be patience and caring
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Knowledge of adult disability issues
Training awareness on safeguarding issues will be provided in the form of distance eLearning. Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and will be asked to regularly refresh training when required.
Required Age:18 years +
Wyre Adult Disability Day centre, Larkholme Avenue, Fleetwood, FY7 7PN
Apply for this role
If you are interested in this opportunity, first contact the Service Manager for an informal chat. Following this, you can apply using the button below.
Please note: your application will be declined if no contact is made to the Service Manager before submitting your application.Apply Now