Shopping Support Volunteer – Thorpe View Day Centre
As a Shopping Volunteer you would be encouraged to accompany and assist an individual on a one-to-one basis to access the community and support them whilst they are doing their shopping.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a considerable difference to someone’s life. The days of this opportunity are flexible and specific days will be arranged upon enquiry.
Day services are provided in community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be a good listener & communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
Training will be provided in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Thorpe View Day Centre