Shopping Support Volunteers
As a Shopping Volunteer you would be encouraged to accompany and assist an older person on a one-to-one basis to access the community and support them whilst they are doing their shopping.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a considerable difference to someone’s life. The days of this opportunity are flexible and specific days will be arranged upon enquiry.
Older people services operates using quality services which are provided in a safe way for all residents. Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential and day time support for the people of Lancashire.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Help to brighten up a resident’s day
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be a good listener & communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Be patience
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
- Be friendly and have an approachable manner
- Have knowledge and awareness of dementia issues
Training will be provided in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Cravenside, Lower N Ave, Barnoldswick BB18 6DP