Preston Reuse Hub
Preston Reuse Hub would like dedicated volunteers to help sort and process items saved from the waste stream, and assist in preparing those items for Reuse. The quality reusable items are taken from Farington Household Waste Recycling Centre, repaired or upcycled and made available to people who need them, for free, making a significant difference to the environment and lives across Lancashire. Some of the people that the Reuse360 Hub help includes those experiencing financial hardship, young people leaving care, and those who are fleeing domestic violence.
Volunteers play a crucial role in supporting Reuse360 Hub, enabling them to provide a free service run by the Waste Management Group at Lancashire County Council.
What’s in it for you?
- Making friends
- Supporting a worthwhile cause at the heart of your community
- Learning and developing new skills
- Building confidence
- Working as part of a team
- A full induction when you start
We welcome people with a wide range of skills and experiences, so if you have any other skills that you feel may be beneficial, please get in touch!
- Assisting with the collections of reusable items from Farington Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Checking the suitability of all items segregated for Reuse and whether they comply with Health and Safety requirements and Trading Standard regulations
- Preparing items for Reuse via activities such as cleaning, sorting, and repairing
- Cataloguing and photographing reusable items before uploading them to our Reuse360 Hub website
- Preparing orders for collection and/or delivery
- There will also be opportunities to come along on our Reuse360 Hub pop-up events, where you can meet the people you are directly helping across Lancashire.
- Self-motivated and a positive, can do attitude
- Able to listen and take instruction
- To be relatively fit and active
- Practical and creative skills are welcome but not essential
- Computer and IT skills are welcome but not essential
Volunteers will be required to complete the following e-learning before commencing any volunteering:
- Health, Safety and Infection Prevention and Control for Volunteers [updated COVID-19]
- Moving and Assisting for Volunteers
Required Age:18 years +
Preston Waste Transfer Station, Wallend Road, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2HW