Reminiscence Activity Support – Ansdell Library
Ansdell Library are looking for someone to support a singalong/reminiscence activity to support people with dementia on a Tuesday afternoon 14:30-15:00.
The library is involved with projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
If you live in the local area this would be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you.
• Ensure the smooth running of the activity.
• Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
• Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
• Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help reduce social isolation by chatting.
• Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
• Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
• Be a good communicator
• Be reliable and committed
• Have patience and understanding
• Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of Ansdell library staff before applying
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.This training will be provided in the form of distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Ansdell Library 59 Commonside Ansdell Lytham FY8 4DJ