Reduce, Re-use and Recycle at the Social Store
Re-use volunteers are needed at the Social Store, Riversway, Preston.
Are you committed to our vision of reducing waste and keeping essential household items in use instead of being discarded?
The aim of the social store is to re-use essential household goods that people no longer want . We source good quality furniture and homeware that is being brought to the Household Waste Recycling Centres, prepare them for reuse and make them available to people in need.
We often have some amazing furniture and household goods that we re-use and can really make a difference to someone in need.
We do this through collaboration with other Lancashire Services such as the Children and Family Wellbeing service and the Youth Offending Team.
The Social Store Volunteers will have a key role to play in the success of this project.
- Preparing household goods from recycling centres for reuse by sorting, checking, cleaning and some basic repairs if required.
- Photographing, cataloguing and uploading images to social media for LCC referral services to view.
- Preparing essential family packs for people in need.
- Following reuse safety guidance and Health & Safety requirements.
- The volunteers should have a passion for developing the project by providing ideas and feedback to the team to improve the scheme.
- To have a positive, enthusiastic and helpful manner
- To be relatively fit and active.
- Have a passion for recycling and reuse
- Practical and creative skills are welcomed but not essential
- Computer and IT skills are welcomed but not essential
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Preston Transfer Station, Wallend Road, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2HW