Recycle, Re-use & Reduce
Volunteers required for the Social Store, Riversway, Preston.
Are you committed to our vision of recycling and the benefits of re-use?
Are interested in playing a key role in developing this project with us?
The aim of the social store is to re-use the household goods being brought to the Household Waste Recycling Centres. They take the things that people don’t want, and make them available to people who need them most. This is through collaboration with other Lancashire Services such as the Children and Family Wellbeing service.
The Social Re-use Store Volunteers will have a key role to play in the development of this project.
This may include:
- cleaning and maintaining household goods from our recycling centres;
- cataloguing the household goods on a website for services to view;
- preparing essential family packs ready for delivery to people most in need;
- and more importantly, the volunteers should have a passion for developing the project by providing ideas and feedback to the team.
Contribute to the development of the project by the following tasks (they are not all compulsory!
- Checking all items brought to Preston Transfer Station for the purpose of the Social Store
- Assist with preparation of items for the Social Store
- When possible, attend project meetings to gain experience of how projects develop. Additionally to put forward your ideas of how the future of the project could look.
- Photograph and catalogue household goods for the Social Store website
- Assist the driver when delivering the household goods to residents
- Promote the Social Store and all the benefits that it generates for Lancashire Services and residents via social media platforms.
- Comply with the HWRC and Social Store Health and Safety requirements and Trading Standards regulations.
- To have a positive, enthusiastic and helpful manner
- To be relatively fit and active.
- To be prepared to carry out duties in all weathers
- Practical and creative skills are welcomed but not essential
- Computer and IT skills are welcomed but not essential
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Preston Transfer Station, Wallend Road, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2HW