Ready to get those gardening gloves on?
Do you like gardening?
Are you able to spend a few hours a week helping to maintain the garden at Wyre Day Centre?
The Centre are seeking volunteers to help with their garden. The grounds around the day centre has been developed in partnership with several local community groups and are in need of tending.
Their core purpose is to provide high quality competitive, and person centred residential day services provided in a community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals.
This is a flexible opportunity to suit weather conditions and based on your own availability.
- Tend to small areas of the garden e.g. planting, tidying & also maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets
- Provide guidance on general garden maintenance and basic garden DIY
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good service
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly & approachable
- Have a caring nature
- Have some general knowledge of gardening/ planting/DIY
- Be aware of confidentiality
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Volunteers must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Required Age:18 years +
Wyre Day centre Larkholme Avenue Fleetwood FY7 7PN