Reading Hacks 18 – 24 Lancaster Library
If you love libraries and are aged between 18 – 24 years this could be the right volunteering opportunity for you.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle social isolation issues.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you:
- An opportunity to share your skills and interests with others
- An introduction programme with a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and Support
- An opportunity you can include in your portfolio / CV
Library activities and events include:
- Digital skills courses, Mental Health & Wellbeing groups,
- Reading groups,
- Children’s Activities,
- Activities for all ages as well as providing information and knowledge for enquiries.
- Helping children to read/choose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
- Log your volunteering hours on-line
Before applying please note: Applicants for the 18 – 24 years Reading Hacks will require two references from people who have known them for over two years. Please speak to a member of Library staff for further details.
- Be a good listener & communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed to supporting the library
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18-24 years
Lancaster City Library Market Square Lancaster LA1 1HY