Culture Hack – volunteering for 11 – 17 years of age
If you are aged between 11-17 years and are looking for something new and interesting to do this could be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you.
Longton Library are keen to keep young people reading and motivated, so if you love reading and are able to commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours a week, please apply.
As a Culture Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
Before applying – you will require a reference from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term. If you are unable to speak to your teacher (during school holidays) we will accept another recognised adult in a similar role i.e. youth groups, Scouts, Brownies etc. Please talk to a member of Longton Library staff before applying for further guidance.
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Volunteers are asked to log their volunteering hours on-line
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Training will be provided where necessary in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:11-17 years
Longton Library, Liverpool Road, Longton, Preston PR4 5HA