Reading Hack 18 – 24 Years – Burnley Campus Library
Are you aged 18 – 24 Years?
What are the benefits of being a Reading Hack?
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub, this opportunity is offering you:
- An opportunity to share your skills and interests in books, reading, authors, with others
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and Support
- An opportunity you can include in your portfolio / CV
The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. Their many regular activities and events include: Digital skills courses, Mental Health & Wellbeing groups, Reading groups, Children’s Activities, Craft Activities for all ages as well as providing information and knowledge for enquiries. The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
- Helping children to read/choose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please talk to a member of Burnley Campus Library Staff about this opportunity for more information before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Burnley Campus Library, Barden Lane, Burnley BB10 1JD