Reading Hack 18 – 24 Years
If you love libraries and are aged between 18 – 24 years this could be the right volunteering opportunity for you.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
Their many regular activities and events include: Digital skills courses, Mental Health & Wellbeing groups, Reading groups, Children’s Activities, Activities for all ages as well as providing information and knowledge for enquiries.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you:
• An opportunity to share your skills and interests with others
• An introduction programme with a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
• Training and Support
• An opportunity you can include in your portfolio / CV
Applicants will require two references from people who have known them for over two years
• Helping children to read/choose books
• Planning and promoting library offers and events
• Assisting and running a variety of activities
• Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
• Log your volunteering hours on-line
• You should be a good listener & communicator
• Have patience and understanding
• Be friendly and approachable
• Be reliable and committed
Please will applicant speak to a member of Earby Library staff before applying
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Earby Library New road Earby Barnoldswick BB18 6XA