Reading Hack 12 – 17 Years
Haslingden library are wanting Reading Hacks, Volunteer activities for young people aged between 12- 17 years.
Are you interested?
Are you able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others a few hours each week?
Then volunteering to be a Reading Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
Every year the Lancashire Reading Journey generates the need for reading hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
You will require the contact details from a teacher who has known you for at least one full term to provide you with your reference for this role.
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours on-line
What are we asking for from you?
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
Volunteers may be asked to complete training.
Required Age:12 years +
Haslingden Library Deardengate, Haslingden, Rossendale BB4 5QL