Reading Hack 12 – 17 Years
Do you love reading and the library?
Are you able to regularly commit to sharing your passion for books with others on the 2nd Friday of every month 4-4:30pm and to help with one off adhoc events?
Are you between 12-17 years?
Then volunteering to be a Reading Hack would be a great opportunity for you. Every year the Lancashire Reading Journey generates the need for reading hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
12-17 reading hacks will require a reference from a teacher who has known them for at least one full term.
Activities may include:
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
What we are asking for from you?
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of Carnforth Library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:12-17 years
Carnforth Library Lancaster Road Carnforth LA5 9DZ