Reading Hack 12 – 17 Years
Are you between 12-17 years?
Would you like to do support the activities at your local library? Then volunteering to be a Reading Hack would be a great opportunity for you.
Every year the Lancashire Reading Journey generates the need for reading hacks to help keep young people reading and motivated.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you a chance to:
- Share your skills and interests with others
- Take part in an introduction programme with support from a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
- The 12-17 years reading hack applicant should speak to a teacher who has known them for at least one full term to get the reference details required for this role.
- Applicants should speak to a member of Eccleston Library Staff
What you are volunteering for
Activities may include:
- Helping children to read/chose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities-in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours on-line
What we are asking for from you
- Attendance at an agreed time
- To behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- To comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
What type of skills and personal qualities do young volunteers aged 12+ need?
The volunteer should:
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of distance learning.
Required Age:12-17 years
Eccleston Library, The Green, Eccleston, Chorley PR7 5TE