Re-Use shop & Site Volunteers – Household Waste Recycling Centre
Preston Household waste recycling centre is looking for volunteers. The volunteer re-use service assistants will support the Re-use Shop Site Supervisor with the day-to-day operations of the shop, including cleaning, stock rotation and the preparation of unwanted household goods, furniture and bicycles for re-use and sale
If you are interested in recycling this could be the ideal volunteering opportunity for you.
Our aim is to create a sustainable, self-funding culture of re-using as much of the waste delivered to our household waste recycling centres (HWRC) as possible.
We take the things that people don’t want, and making them available to people who do want them – at prices that everyone can afford.
Times and days of volunteering can be flexible to meet your availability.
Contribute to providing an efficient, friendly and courteous service to customers by:
- Checking all items segregated by the HWRC staff or donated by our customers for potential re-use.
- Comply with the HWRC and Re-use Shop Health and Safety requirements and Trading Standards regulations.
- Assist with preparation of items for sale and develop creative solutions to re-use and reinvent stock donated.
- Using creative and practical skills to maximise sales of stock through displays, repairs and upcycling.
- Assisting with sales and contributing to a welcoming and productive retail environment.
- Promote the shop and all the benefits of the re-use shop to customers.
- To possess well developed customer care and service skills
- To have a positive, enthusiastic and helpful manner
- To be relatively fit and active.
- To be prepared to carry out duties in all weathers
- Practical and creative skills are welcomed but not essential
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Preston Household Waste Recycling Centre, Tom Benson Way, Preston PR2 1SG