Promotion and Events Volunteer – Lancaster & Morecambe
We are looking for a volunteer who would like to help support our Volunteers Officers at their promotional events to recruit volunteers and promote Lancashire Volunteer Partnership.
It is not a regular commitment, the volunteer will be contacted roughly every one to two months to help out at promotional activities.
Do you have lots of local knowledge, and want to help?
- Support Volunteer Officers at local events to help promote volunteering with LVP
- Help by using local knowledge to identify new opportunities for recruitment.
- Help distribute leaflets & posters within the local community.
- Research and provide feedback on different elements of Lancashire Volunteer Partnership e.g. how easily our website could be found on do-it.org and other websites.
- Searches for free websites to put adverts on – i.e. virtual adverts.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Outgoing and Community minded
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their local area / district
- Good conversational & listening skills
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance ELearning or trainer led.
Required Age:16 years +
The opportunity is based in the Lancaster, Morecambe and surrounding areas.
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community.