Reuse – Preston Reuse Hub
Are you passionate about reducing waste? Do you have a few hours spare each week and are wanting to help people in Lancashire? If so, now is a fantastic time to join the Reuse360 Hub team and make a significant difference to the environment and lives across Lancashire. We’re looking for dedicated volunteer Reuse Assistants to help sort and process items saved from the waste stream and assist in preparing the items for Reuse.
Our volunteer Reuse volunteers play a crucial role in supporting the Reuse360 Hub, a free service ran by the Waste Management Group at Lancashire County Council. The Reuse360 Hub takes quality reusable items from Farington Household Waste Recycling Centre that are no longer wanted, and instead, makes them available to people who need them, for free. Some of the people that the Reuse360 Hub help include those experiencing financial hardship, young people leaving care, and those who are fleeing domestic violence.
What’s in it for you
- Making friends
- Supporting a worthwhile cause at the heart of your community
- Learning and developing new skills
- Building confidence
- Working as part of a team
- A full induction when you start
We welcome people with a wide range of skills and experiences, so if you have any other skills and experiences that you feel may be beneficial to our beneficial to our Reuse360 Hub, please get in touch!
- Assisting with the collections of reusable items from Farington Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Checking the suitability of all items segregated for Reuse and whether they comply with Health and Safety requirements and Trading Standard regulations
- Preparing items for Reuse via activities such as cleaning, sorting, and repairing
- Cataloguing and photographing reusable items before uploading them to our Reuse360 Hub website
- Preparing orders for collection and/or delivery
- There will also be opportunities to come along on our Reuse360 Hub pop-up events, where you can meet the people you are directly helping across Lancashire.
- Self-motivated and a positive, can do attitude
- Able to listen and take instruction
- To be relatively fit and active
- Practical and creative skills are welcome but not essential
- Computer and IT skills are welcome but not essential
Volunteers will be required to complete the following e-learning before commencing any volunteering:
- Health, Safety and Infection Prevention and Control for Volunteers [updated COVID-19]
- Moving and Assisting for Volunteers
Required Age:18 years +
Preston Waste Transfer Station, Wallend Road, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2HW