POWAR SEND Youth Voice Forum
Do you have an hour or two free during the week to help support activities for POWAR SEND Youth Voice Forum?
POWAR is a participation group for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. POWAR stands for: Participate, Opportunity, Win, Achieve and Respect. It is run by Lancashire County Council’s Targeted Youth Support – Participation Service.
They hold regular meetings which are informal and fun, and are open to young people from secondary school age up to 25. The volunteer would help to support and assist staff run group sessions and activities.
This role is available at various locations across the county.
DBS – This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group.
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards.
- Help with building the confidence and motivational skills of the attendees.
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs.
- Help with refreshments if required.
- To log volunteering hours monthly online and submit expenses where applicable.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. Safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to the role.
- Patience, understanding, approachable and friendly.
- Non Judgemental.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- An ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener.
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support.
Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Volunteers will be expected to complete IPSEA level 1 online and face to face legal training.
Required Age:18 years +
County Hall Fishergate, Preston