Place Ambassadors supporting the Festival of Making event
This years National Festival of Making will take place Saturday 12th – Sunday 13th May 2018 and Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to become Support Place Ambassadors to help make this national event a success.
Festival of Making is the only event of its type in the UK and attracts a large national and global audience attracting both national and regional TV and newspaper coverage.
As a Place Ambassador you will help look after the thousands of visitors that attend the festival by becoming the first point of contact, offering directions, event information and tourist advice. Nationally the festival weekend is about celebrating all things made, but locally it is about celebrating all that is good about Blackburn, Darwen and Lancashire. This event gives us all the opportunity to show off our part of the North West.
What is the Eligibility?
There is no formal eligibility but volunteers should be comfortable staying on their feet for extended periods of time during their session availability.
Mandatory training is required on Friday 11th May 2018
Across the Weekend there will be four volunteering sessions that volunteers are required to support.
Volunteers can apply for as many or as few as they like.
Friday 11th May: Mandatory Training (times to follow)
Saturday 12th May: AM shift (09:00 – 13:00) – PM Shift (13:00 to 18:00)
Sunday 13th May: AM shift (09:00 – 13:00) – PM shift (13:00 – 18:00)
- Directing visitors around Blackburn town centre to the various festival sections
- Providing accurate advice, information and guidance to visitors attending the festival
- Knowing when and where performances are taking place
- Knowing where the exhibits are located
- Log volunteering hours via an on-line computer system
- We are looking for gregarious people
- Good communicators – who are happy and confident talking to people in a customer facing role
Full mandatory training will be provided on Friday 11th May 2018
Required Age:18 years +
Old Town Hall, King William Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 7DY