Pencils at the ready?
We are looking for a female volunteer with an interest in drawing for a lady in Burnley who has a love for drawing/painting.
She would love someone who is able to visit her for a chat, cup of tea and get her motivated to draw again. Volunteer must be able to drive.
The Befriending role is about companionship it is not to provide practical assistance. Community Support Volunteers actively support, encourage and empower the client to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives. The benefit of having a regular meeting with a Community Support Volunteer helps to increase the confidence, resilience and independence of the service user.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Community Support Volunteers help to support people who are not family or close friends to help tackle social isolation issues.
- To regularly visit the individual on a 1: 1 basis either in their own home or a community setting.
- To regularly support the individual to achieve agreed positive goals to promote their independence – The role is unique to every individual’s needs and circumstances.
- To provide regular feedback on the progress of the individual.
- All volunteers must log their volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable on-line.
- To complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Enjoyment of drawing and painting.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Understanding of vulnerability
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- It would be an advantage to have an awareness of key issues – alcohol, drug abuse, mental health etc.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Commitment of 1-2 hours minimum per week / Flexible
- Minimum commitment of 6 months is required
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance learning.
Required Age:18 years +
This opportunity will be based in Hapton, Burnley.
We endeavour to recruit local volunteers to support their local community.