Parent & Tots Group Volunteer
The role of a parent & tots group volunteer is to help set up age appropriate activities for children aged 0-4 and to encourage interaction within the group.
Volunteering in Community centres is extremely rewarding as you will meet people from all walks of life and will be able to make a positive difference to their lives.
The community centre volunteers are extremely passionate about their centre and its activities and we are looking for more passionate people to help.
Supported by the Blackburn with Darwen Assets Team, community centres are run entirely by volunteers and each volunteer has a unique set of skills which are important to the overall management of the centre. Volunteers play a crucial part in helping to ensure that community centres remain open for residents to access facilities locally.
All roles will provide valuable experience and opportunities to access training.
A DBS check will be carried out for successful applicants.
- To help set up for the parent and toddler group and tidying up afterwards, ensuring that all toys and equipment are suitable to the age range.
- To support the interaction of parents and children, so that children learn different skills.
- To adhere to health and safety.
- Log volunteering hours on-line.
- To have knowledge of the needs of children aged 0 – 4
- Good communication skills to be able to interact both with children and adults
- To have a good understanding and knowledge of safeguarding. (training will be provided)
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training (Safeguarding Children Level 1) before any activity is undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:16 years +
Mill Hill Community Centre
New Chapel St