Pamper & Beauty – Thorpe View Day Centre
Do you have a skill for ‘Pamper & Beauty’ that you would be willing to share with others?
Then this opportunity could be ideal for you.
We are seeking assistants skilled in pamper and beauty to encouraged residents to take part in beauty sessions and assist them with manicuring their nails. The assistants would need to have the ability to offer residents therapeutic and relaxing hand massages and be able to offer make up days for the residents.
Support from a Volunteer can help make a considerable difference to someone’s life. The days of this opportunity are flexible and specific days will be arranged upon enquiry.
Day services are provided in community settings. The service aims to support people with disabilities to regain/learn skills and confidence and help them to achieve their personal goals.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and relevant background checks; this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Offer therapeutic and relaxing hand massages
- Offer make up days for the residents.
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to residents helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- You will Actively support, encourage and empower the service user to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to individuals helping to combat feelings of loneliness
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- Have basic beauty and pampering skills
- Be good communicators
- Be committed to providing a good reliable service
- Be patient & Be empathetic
- Passionate about making older people feel good about themselves
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Thorpe Avenue, Morecambe LA4 6NG