Outdoor Activities Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers who have a keen interest in outdoor activities to assist the outdoor activities team at Blackpool High Ropes , Outdoor Revolution to deliver sessions to both children and adults on the high ropes and lake.
You will be working with staff in a group environment at all times and you will assist with all risk assessing during operations.
Volunteers will be supported at all times by the current outdoor staff, and a staff induction will be provided.
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assit in delivering outdoor sessions at Stanley Park
- Assist in the completion of risk assessment
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines.
- Interested in and have a good knowledge of outdoor activities
- Confidence and willingness to assist staff
- Knowledge / understanding of risk assessments
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +