Operational Leisure Assistant Volunteer
Do you have an interest in swimming and pool activities?
Could you assist our qualified leisure assistant’s poolside with setting up and taking down pool equipment?
We are looking for volunteers who can spare time to support the Active Blackpool staff with delivering a high quality of service to visitors of the centre and dealing with enquiries about other activities and services the centre provides.
You do not need any specific skills or qualifications to apply as training opportunities will be available
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assist with setting up and taking down pool equipment
- Complete daily cleaning checks.
- Deal with enquiries
- Deliver a high standard of customer service
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines
- Interested in and have a good knowledge of swimming and pool activities
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +