Neighbourhood Centre Gardening & Maintenance Support (CFW) Preston Central
Do you want to make a difference to your local community by volunteering?
Neighbourhood Centres support children, young people, and families (between 0 -19 years or up to 25 years if Special Education Needs and Disability), through difficult or challenging times.
We are looking for volunteers to help with Gardening and Maintenance Support.
If you would like a way of getting more involved, or have the time and experience to share, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
This opportunity will give you the chance to:
- Make a positive difference to your Neighbourhood Centre and the community
- Use your creative skills
- Improve your confidence and self esteem
- There are many benefits to be gained for future career prospects from the volunteering experience you will receive relating to this opportunity.
As a gardening / maintenance support volunteer you will:-
- Volunteer gardeners are required to help to improve the external appearance of the centre by assisting helpers under guidance in tending to small areas of the garden e.g. planting & maintaining spring/summer pots and baskets.
- Be able to include the group to carry out general maintenance and basic garden DIY.
- Encourage and spend some time chatting to others helping to combat feelings of loneliness, build confidence and motivate them by sharing skills related to the role. The centre is a Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) family group support.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Reliability and committed to providing long term volunteering support
- Lots of enthusiasm and an interest and general knowledge of gardening
- Be good communicators
- Be patience, understanding, trustworthy, friendly and non-judgemental
- Have a caring nature
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
- Child Sexual Exploitation
This post subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:18 years +
Preston Central Neighbourhood Centre Brieryfield Road, Preston PR1 8SR