Memories & Melodies
Have you got the skills to help run a singing group for Adults with Dementia?
This singing Group is a ‘Supporting Library Activities for Adults’ Opportunity
The Memories and Melodies sessions require someone with experience of leading a singing group and who could ideally also play the piano. The most important thing is the singing and the ability to encourage singing.
The session would take place at Fulwood Library on a weekly basis. The session would last for 45-60 minutes.
The sessions used to be Thursday morning, but this is flexible to suit the right volunteer.
It is well known that singing is beneficial to health and we all have our favourite songs that are instantly recognised by those who hear them and who can’t resist singing along. If you have the skills to encourage a group singing session then please apply to this opportunity.
- Participate in ensuring smooth running of the singing group event.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate.
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events i.e. World Poetry Day, World Health Day, Heritage Open Day and Safer Internet Day.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be musical and able to sing
- Be a confident communicator able to support all members of the public.
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required
Required Age:18 years +
Fulwood Library, 294 Garstang Road, Fulwood, PR2 9RX