Lord Street Children & Family Neighbourhood Centre – Group Support
Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
If you have a few hours to spare each week and are able to volunteer, this would be a great opportunity to consider.
Children, Family, & Wellbeing Service are seeking volunteers to assist under supervision of a member of staff, to help those who access their services. They require Group Support volunteers for their building based and Mobile Youth Bus activities.
This opportunity will give a volunteer the chance to:
- Gain experience from volunteering for this opportunity.
- Make a positive difference to a child, young person, and their family.
- Use their creative skills.
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem.
Overview of Service:
Lancashire’s Children and Family Wellbeing Service offers support to children, Young people and families age 0-19+years, (0-25 Years for SEND) and their families. The service identifies as early as possible when a child, young person or family needs support.
All tasks are carried out under the supervision of a member of staff:
- Support and assist staff to run sessions and activities as required for the group.
- Help setting up the room for group work and tidying up afterwards (building based).
- Help with building new skills, confidence and motivation.
- Engaging with groups for children, young people and their families
- Help with supporting children and young people with additional needs
- Log volunteering hours on their Better Impact account.
- Patience and understanding
- Approachable and Friendly
- Non Judgemental
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to motivate and inspire others
- Good Communication skills – Good Active Listener
- Reliable and committed to providing long term volunteering support
Volunteers must have completed the required eLearning training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Data Security Awareness
- Health & Safety
- Safeguarding Children Level 1
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS checking.
Required Age:18 years +
Lord Street Neighbourhood Centre, Lord Street, Chorley PR6 0RF