Supporting Library Activities for Children – Longridge Library
Longridge Library arrange activities for Children and would like volunteers to help support them.
Activities will include activities for under 5s.
By running regular events they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation.
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects is vital.
What are we offering to you?
• An opportunity to share your love of reading and working with children and young people
• An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
• Training and support
• An opportunity you can include on your CV
• Reimbursement of travel expenses.
What are we asking for from you?
• Regular attendance at an agreed time
• A positive attitude to young people
• Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
• Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines.
• Log your volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line
• Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
• be a good communicator
• have patience and understanding
• have confidence when dealing with children and young people
• have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
• have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
• be friendly and approachable
• be reliable and committed to providing a good service
Please speak to a member of Longridge library staff before applying
Training will be provided in the form of distance eLearning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Longridge Library, Berry Lane, Longridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 3JA