Let loose the players of Warhammer at Thornton Library
Are you prepared?
The playing field awaits ( a table top model of a battlefield, comprising miniature models of buildings, hills, trees, and other landmarks)
The young people are waiting to take turns to play through 4 basic game phases, using the miniature models made of plastic or metal to represent warriors and fighting vehicles.
Do you have the in-depth knowledge of Warhammer 40K to help lead 8-17 year olds with their Warhammer battles? These fantasy war game sessions simulate terrestrial battles between futuristic armies.
What are we offering to you?
- An opportunity to share your love of Warhammer
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and support
- An opportunity you can include on your CV
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Craft, Games and drama event: Assisting with the preparation of craft / drama materials prior to the events, setting up the area for the sessions, welcoming attendees to the session, assisting the children with the various activities as required etc. helping to tidy up afterwards.
What are we asking for from you?
- Regular attendance at an agreed time
- A positive attitude to young people
- Behave in accordance with library rules and regulations
- Comply with the Volunteer Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role
- have the in-depth knowledge of Warhammer 40K
- be a good communicator
- have patience and understanding
- have confidence when dealing with children and young people
- have an ability to patiently guide and instruct children and young people
- have an ability to get to know the children and young people and understand their interests and motivations
- be friendly and approachable
- be reliable and committed
Please speak to a member of Thornton library staff before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Thornton Library Victoria Road East, Thornton Cleveleys, FY5 3SZ