Lego Group -Fleetwood Library (RH18)
Reading Hack 18 – 24 Years wanted for the Lego Group
Fleetwood Library would like volunteers aged 18 – 24 years to help support the LEGO GROUP activities.
If you have a love of LEGO, and lots of imagination to think of themed events and know how to promote them, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Lancashire libraries care and cater for the needs of their local communities and are recognised as a safe space and often the main community hub. The library service is continually involved with new projects to ensure they provide what is needed locally for all ages. By running regular events and acting as the venue for many other local groups’ activities, they endeavour to help tackle the issues leading to social isolation. The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
As a Reading Hack we are offering you:
- An opportunity to share your skills and interests with others
- An introduction programme and a designated member of staff as a contact for assistance and feedback
- Training and Support
- An opportunity you can include in your portfolio / CV
- An opportunity to share your knowledge and skills
- Using own initiative, coming up with new ideas and take ownership of ideas.
18 – 24 years Reading Hacks will require two references from people who have known them for over two years
- Helping children to read/choose books
- Planning and promoting library offers and events
- Assisting and running a variety of activities
- Other activities: in agreement with staff at the library
- Log volunteering hours where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Be a good communicator
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be reliable and committed
- Please speak to a member of staff at the library before applying
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Fleetwood Library, North Albert Street, Fleetwood FY7 6AJ