Lego Club Activity Support – Accrington Library
Accrington library are starting Lego Club session on Saturday mornings 10-12 noon on a weekly/fortnightly basis and need volunteers to help.
If you have a love of LEGO, and lots of imagination this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
This opportunity is part of their commitment to:
- Cultural & Creative (Social Groups, Craft Groups, Knit & Natter, Promotions, etc.)
The need for volunteers to help assist the service, by helping under supervision to provide many of the activities and projects, is vital.
- Participate and ensure the smooth running of various library social events including craft activities.
- Helping to promoting the event -if appropriate (participate but not lead).
- Help in setting up the spaces for sessions.
- Help with refreshments -if appropriate.
- Act as extra set of eyes.
- Assisting at themed events i.e. World Poetry Day, World Health Day, Heritage Open Day and Safer Internet Day.
- Welcoming library users to the sessions and be willing to help tackle social isolation by talking.
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses (where applicable) on-line.
- Complete minimum level training e.g. safeguarding and commit to further training relevant to role.
- Be confident at dealing with all members of the public
- Be a good communicator
- Be reliable and committed
- Have patience and understanding
- Be friendly and approachable
Please speak to a member of Accrington library staff about this opportunity before applying
Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required. Training will be provided in the form of distance learning or trainer led.
Required Age:18 years +
Accrington Library, St James' St, Accrington BB5 1NQ