Independent Advisory Group (IAG) Administration Support
The Independent Advisory Group are looking for a volunteer to provide administration support for around 4 hours a week.
The Group provides the valuable role of ‘critical friend’ to the Police Service.
It is a forum where independent advisors can give independent, impartial advice about specific issues identified by the Police locally.
The purpose of the IAG is not one of scrutiny; rather it provides a safeguard against disadvantaging any section of our communities through a lack of understanding, ignorance or mistaken belief. A ‘critical friend’ is one who is of significant importance to the Constabulary, and it does not imply that they should necessarily be judgemental or censorious.
The group meets quarterly at either Greenbank Police Station, Blackburn and Burnley Police station
Ideally you will have experience of working in a clerical role and a good knowledge of excel.
The role is subject to police vetting.
- Taking notes and action points at meetings
- Circulating notes, agendas, dates and information
- Planning meeting venues, sending out invites
- Collating paperwork e.g. declaration of interest forms, attendance sheets and filing them
- Advising the chair of non-attendees
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Be able to deal with extremely sensitive information in a professional manner and in line with Data Protection
- Knowledge / experience of working in a clerical role
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Comply with data protection policies and procedures
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Greenbank Police Station,
Greenbank Business Park