Independent Advisory Group (IAG) Administration Support
Do you have administration skills and could you spare 4 hours a week to provide support to the Independent Advisory Group (IAG) ?
The Group provides the valuable role of ‘critical friend’ to the Police Service.
It is a forum where independent advisors can give independent, impartial advice about specific issues identified by the Police locally and are looking for someone to provide administration support to the panel.
The purpose of the IAG is not one of scrutiny; rather it provides a safeguard against disadvantaging any section of our communities through a lack of understanding, ignorance or mistaken belief. A ‘critical friend’ is one who is of significant importance to the Constabulary, and it does not imply that they should necessarily be judgemental or censorious.
The group meets bi-monthly at either Greenbank Police Station, Blackburn and Burnley Police station on a Thursday evening.
This opportunity is subject to police vetting and to qualify you must have been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years.
- Taking notes and action points at meetings
- Circulating notes, agendas, dates and information
- Planning meeting venues, sending out invites
- Collating paperwork e.g. declaration of interest forms, attendance sheets and filing them
- Advising the chair of non-attendees
- Log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via an on-line computer system
- Be able to deal with extremely sensitive information in a professional manner and in line with Data Protection
- Knowledge / experience of working in a clerical role
- Attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Comply with data protection policies and procedures
Training will be provided where necessary and may be in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led.
Volunteers must have completed the required training before the activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
Greenbank Police Station,
Greenbank Business Park