Hornby Befriender request
A Befriender who likes goings for walks, pets and social chatting is required for a lady in the Hornby area.
Why do we need befrienders?
Volunteers actively support, encourage, and empower their person to achieve specified and agreed goals and objectives. They use local knowledge of community services and groups to help increase the person’s confidence, resilience and independence.
By apply today to this advert you will be taking the first step to becoming a LVP Volunteer and accepting the opportunity that could mark the turning point in someone’s life.
This post is subject to a DBS check
- To regularly visit the individual on a one to one basis either in their own home or a community setting.
- To regularly support the individual to achieve agreed positive goals to promote their independence.
- The role is unique to every individual’s needs and circumstances
- To provide regular feedback in the progress made.
- To log volunteering hours monthly and submit expenses where applicable via computer.
- To complete the minimum level training.
- Our Community Support Befrienders do not work with people who are family or close friends
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Commitment of 1-2 hours minimum per week / flexible
- Minimum commitment of 6 months is required
- Understanding of vulnerability
- Understanding and awareness of key issues that can affect lives i.e. mental health issues, misuse of substances -alcohol, drug abuse, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to use basic ICT systems
Training will be provided in the form of peer support, distance learning or trainer led. Volunteers must have completed the required training before any activity can be undertaken and may be asked to regularly refresh training where required.
Required Age:18 years +
This opportunity is based in the Hornby area.
We recruit local volunteers to support their local community.