Our Professional Standards Department are looking for a volunteer to assist the Hearings Officer at Misconduct Proceedings.
The role will support the team with the efficient running and administration of Misconduct Hearings.
The hearings are public hearings and are held at Police Headquarters in Hutton, Ormskirk and Preston.
This role is subject to police vetting.
- To be tasked by the Hearings Officer assist with the efficient running and administration of Misconduct Hearings.
- Organise meetings in person and via Teams
- Assist with the preparation of evidential bundles
- Be able to deal with difficult situations in a professional manner using tact and diplomacy
- Have an understanding of conflict management and resolution
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, being approachable and impartial.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Have an understanding of safeguarding and vulnerability
- Experience of using Microsoft Software Applications, including MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Full driving licence and own transport (mileage and expenses can be claimed
- Be versatile
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Comply with data protection policies and procedures
Volunteers will be required to undertake relevant training.
Required Age:18 years +