Health & Fitness Volunteer
We are looking for active volunteers who have a passion for health and fitness to assist the various teams at leisure centres across Blackpool.
Could you spare time to shadow staff and members on gym inductions, support member journey appointments, ensuring the gym is clean and that the gym equipment is maintained?
You will also interact with customers who attend the gym and identify those at risk, show round potential members and be confident in with dealing with customer enquiries around the gym and membership.
You do not need any specific skills or qualifications to apply as training opportunities will be available
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assist the gym team with day to day activities
- Ensure that the gym is clean
- Maintain equipment
- Promote and raise awareness of the gym and facilities
- Deal with member and visitor enquiries
- Deliver a high standard of customer service
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines
- Interested in and have a good knowledge of health and fitness
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +