Health & GP Referral Volunteer
The Steps to Health Walking Programme requires volunteers to continue with the development of the programme within Blackpool.
Could you volunteer some time to help support the Active Blackpool Fitness instructors?
We are looking for volunteers to help with the delivery of health enhancing physical activity and exercise sessions to clients with medical conditions.
The sessions are held in various venues across Blackpool.
Active Blackpool is a GP referral programme of physical activity designed to help improve health and quality of life.
You do not need any specific skills or qualifications to apply as training opportunities will be available
You must be willing to go through an induction process and satisfactory references will be required
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Out of pocket expenses can be claimed back including travel expenses.
- Assist the team with delivering physical and activity sessions
- Promote and raise awareness of the centre and facilities
- Deal with member and visitor enquiries
- Deliver a high standard of customer service
- To discuss any activities with the Voluntary Services Officer (VSO) which deviate from the tasks listed above
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Council Policy and the GDPR guidelines
- Interested in and have a good knowledge of health and fitness
- You need to be patient, understanding and have a genuine interest in people
- You should be approachable and reliable and be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills are vital
- Completion of required training
- Training is offered and further arrangements can be made to meet personal needs
Required Age:18 years +